Stones. They are everywhere. Stumbling stones, stepping stones, stones for throwing, stones for piling. In the bible, stones are used for remembering. This is a place for me to pile my own rough stones of remembering along the road I am traveling, one post at a time. They are more than mere words thrown out into the wake of my path. They are a concrete testament of God's faithfulness, provision and goodness along the way.

Monday, November 9, 2015

One Stop Shop.

I used to think missionaries were heroes. I mean, the sacrifices... the faith... the results! I now know firsthand how there is nothing esoterically heroic about missionary life, just two simple ingredients are required. Trust and obey. And the real Hero is always the One who calls, equips and provides.

One of the many things we love about our agency back in Canada is their core value: Committed to God's Supply. What that means is that when we have a need, we take it to God and we ask Him to provide. Again and again on this journey we have humbly submitted our needs to Him and He has never, ever failed us.

We are in full packing mode, surrounded by boxes and all that jazz, going to Naples on Thursday to sign the rental contract and get the keys to our new place (more on that soon). We are expecting quite a bit of company in December right on the heels of our move and it got me thinking how now that we have more bedrooms, we need more beds and bedding for hosting company. So right on the spot I sent up a request for God to procure us a double bed and a fold out cot or two. Never mind shopping online, I order 1-800-Jehovah-Jireh direct.

Today I stopped in somewhere with a prayer in my heart to be able to bless this dear soul. Well, I was the one who came away blessed. I may have brought her soup, but I came away the delighted new owner of a double bed, two fold away cots, a giant box of bedding and even guest towels. Not a word of a lie.

This takes one stop shop and express delivery to a whole new level.

1 comment:

  1. Horray for a God who cares, who hears and has the power to answer!

    ReplyDelete